- The Program of Commencing Dao Affairs
- 1 Sahng-jeh-nim wrote the following and pasted the paper to a wall in the medicine room:
- 士農工商 陰陽 氣東北而固守 理西南而交通
- Scholars, farmers, artisans, tradesmen.
Yin and yang.
East and north, the qi holds fast.
West and south, the principle changes.
- 2 He wrote many more things and pasted them on the wall as well. He then had the wall covered with new white wallpaper. Later, He told Ja-hyun to place a rice bowl anywhere against the wall, cut around it, and remove the paper. When Ja-hyun did this, he uncovered the word yin.
- 3 Slapping His knee, Sahng-jeh-nim said, “That is correct. It is in accord with the doh-su of heaven and earth. When speaking of yin and yang, people say ‘yin’ first. This means earth-heaven peace ().”
- 4 He also said, “This medicine cabinet peacefully and painlessly leads to the grave and will be your vessel for enshrining spirit tablets. The day to remove this paper will come soon.”
- 5 Later, Sahng-jeh-nim went to Dae-heung Village and told Su-bu-nim, “The medicine cabinet will soon be Your clothing chest.”
- (JSD Dojeon 6,30)