- The Program of Yi Yin
- 1 In a work of renewal conducted when Yu Chahn-myung was attending on Him, Sahng-jeh-nim wrote:
- 2 Set your mind right.
Only then can you cultivate your body, take care of your family,
rule the nation, and establish peace in the world.
- 3 It is difficult to take care of your own household
while carrying out the work under heaven.
- 桀惡其時也 湯善其時也
- 4 Jie ruled with tyranny;
- 5 Tang ruled with virtue.
- 天道敎桀於惡 天道敎湯於善
- 6 The way of heaven taught Jie wickedness;
- 7 The way of heaven taught Tang goodness.
- 8 The fall of Jie and the rise of Tang
depended on Yi Yin.
- (JSD Dojeon 6,72)