- A Work of Renewal for Publishing the Dojeon
- 1 One day, Sahng-jeh-nim said to Hyung-yul, “A person who is going to spread dao should know well Zhu Xi’s ‘Preface to the Commentary on The Great Learning.’” He then recited it:
- 右 經一章 蓋孔子之言 而曾子述之
其傳十章 則曾子之意 而門人 記之也
今因程子所定 而更考經文 別爲序次 如左
- 2 The preceding classic is in the words of Confucius as recorded by Cengzi.
- 3 The ten following chapters of explanation contain the views of Cengzi as recorded by his disciples.
- 4 In old copies of the work, because of the disarrangement of the bamboo tablets, there was much confusion.
- 5 Based on the conclusions made by Chengzi, I reexamined the classic and
- 6 rearranged the ten chapters in the following order.
- (JSD Dojeon 6,80)