- The Medicine of Immortality, the Plants of Eternal Youth
- 1 A disciple asked Sahng-jeh-nim, “In this world, is there a medicine of immortality or a plant one can eat to gain eternal youth?”
“Yes,” Sahng-jeh-nim replied.
- 2 “The medicine of immortality is rice, and the plants of eternal youth are vegetables.”
- Bestowing Wealth upon the Poor
- 3 Sahng-jeh-nim often conducted works of renewal to bestow wealth upon the poor.
- 4 When there was not enough rice, Sahng-jeh-nim enjoyed rice mixed with potato.
- 5 He often mixed rice and hot pepper paste in a bowl and fed hungry people on the street. He told them, “The sight of the hungry passing by stirs My compassion.
- 6 Open your mouths, open them wide.” Then, He filled their stomachs.
- (JSD Dojeon 9,14)