- A Work of Renewal for Quitting Smoking
- 1 Sahng-jeh-nim enjoyed smoking, and when disciples came to see Him, they often brought tobacco.
- 6 One day, while He was on Jeju Island, He said, “Ho-yun, come over here and watch Me puff smoke.”
“Oh! It smells!” she complained.
- 7 “It is so bothersome to carry these cursed things around,” said Sahng-jeh-nim. “To smoke I must keep matches and paper, cut the tobacco, and roll cigarettes. I will throw all these things away.”
- 8 He took the tobacco He had in His handkerchief and threw it away along with His matches. He then scrubbed His teeth with fine sand.
- (JSD Dojeon 5,31)