- The Program for the University of Great Learning
and the Team of Six
- 1 In Baek-ahm Village, Sahng-jeh-nim said to the disciples, “Send for six shamans.” When the six shamans arrived, He had them take off their hats and overcoats.
- 2 He then had them each offer a bowl of fresh water and bow four times toward the bowls.
- 3 He recited the Shee-chun-ju Mantra and had each of the six shamans repeat it three times in turn.
- 4 He then asked them for their names and addresses and inquired, “Are these names common?”
“Yes, they are,” all replied.
- 5 Sahng-jeh-nim told the six, who had received dao through the ritual, to drink the water. As they drank, He said, “This is blessings and wealth.
- 6 Now, I have conveyed dao to six people. This will be the world’s great learning.
- 7 Now, in the time of resolving bitterness and grief, I give dao to the humble and poor first.”
- (JSD Dojeon 6,62)